Friday, March 16, 2018

Personalizing Learning Through Student Feedback

Thanks to Dustin Ruffell for providing the article linked below.

No matter what framework you employ in your classroom, student feedback is really important.  This article details the use of feedback from the students to the teachers connected to correcting assignments or tests. 

Here is a part of the article:
"I took my time reading their test corrections. I really tried to understand why the students missed the problem and also what part of the problem they got right.
I found this scrutiny to be time well spent. It helped me see that a lot of students understood exponential functions but were having trouble solving equations! I probably wouldn’t have caught this if I hadn’t gone through their tests again."
Questions to consider:
1.  Have you ever gotten excited enough to put an exclamation point at the end of a sentence about reading test corrections? 
2.  The author notes that "he would not have caught this if I hadn't gone through their tests again."  Have you ever identified a misunderstood concept on an assessment after reviewing student scores?  How did you address it? 

3.  What a great question, check out the student responses!  What can we learn from this?

No comments:

Post a Comment