Friday, October 20, 2017

Mindset Quiz and Student Resource

Wonder about your mindset?

Here is a quiz that you can take.  It doesn't have many questions.  When you are done with the first page, click the yellow arrow in the bottom right to get to the next page.

You will get some information about your mindset after the questions.

Here is a resource you can use with your students if you would like.


Questions to consider:

1.  Did your results surprise you?  Are you interested in exploring the growth mindset more?
2.  What other resources do you have about mindset?  Feel free to share them in the comments for this week.
3.  How could you use the student hand out?  What kinds of discussions would it start?

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the middle; I think the talent questions were difficult to answer. I think we naturally have talent/intelligence and that effects our outlook on improving. Even with a positive grown mindset, I think it is difficult to accept that we may not have a firm grasp on a subject/task. I asked a couple of students about talent vs. intelligence and overwhelmingly they all agreed that you can improve intelligence quite a bit, but talent is more difficult to change. (which I found to be interesting!) I think talent translates to "natural ability" and that is where the fixed mindset comes into play. If we instead focus on the ability to build our minds then we can become more open to the growth that occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree. I think students hear that talent is "given" in so many cases.

    ReplyDelete