Saturday, May 20, 2017

Summer- Break and Learn

LAST BLOG OF THE YEAR...

I committed to doing this for a year.  That was something I wanted to do for my personal PD.

Did you set a personal PD goal for the year?  All of you did in your PGP.  Did you accomplish them?   Did you work on them at all?  What will you do with it next year?

Things To Do This Summer:

1.  TAKE A BREAK AND REJUVENATE.

2.  Make Professional Growth.  Here are some ideas.

a.  Read a book- Not sure what one to read?  Just search online.  Search what books to read in the content area of Fill In The Blank...
b.  Seek out PD- Make it a family trip...sneak in some PD for a few hours while there.
c.  Talk to other educators- A teacher in our building organizes summer meetings with other teachers in the county in the same content area to talk.  Great practice.
d.  Reexamine your curriculum map- Get your map out, make adjustments to it.

Have a great summer.  Enjoy time with your families and loved ones.  

1 comment:

  1. One of my goals was to improve my choral teaching. I signed up for private voice lessons with a professor at BGSU and worked once a week in the fall, winter, and spring. It paid off, as I now feel much more confident in my personal singing ability, which helps me help my students. The 7-12th grade choir students sang for three judges at the Festival of Music at Cedar Point on May 12 and they earned a rating of Excellent. Next year, I'll be able to use the knowledge I've gained to better map out music and content for my vocal classes.

    ReplyDelete