Saturday, May 13, 2017

Literacy Across the Curriculum-TECHY

Here is an article from Educational Leadership which is a monthly publication by ASCD.  You can find the online magazine by visiting ascd.org and clicking on publications, you will find Education Leadership (EL) there.

The article you will be looking about is revisiting the idea of how can literacy (reading/writing) being more integrated through all the parts of our curriculum.  As I was reading it, the digital notebook part especially struck me.  I thought it would be a good article for us all to look at.

As a year comes to an end, hopefully, you are thinking of some goals and new ideas for next year.  Especially knowing students will have their own computers to use next year.  This article may help you think about some of those new ideas.

Questions To Consider:
1.  The opening paragraph talks about a resource called Studysync.  As I looked at it, parts of it are free on a trial basis.  Specifically, the online library is free.  Take a look at it.  How could you use some of these resources?
2.  Digital Notebooks seem like a very neat idea.  I know not everyone would be comfortable with them, but I know a few of you could do some cool things with them.  I think that note taking could really change with this method also.
3.  Publishing some of the digital notebooks would be an extensive learning experience for our students.  I know some teachers would really like to explore that.  How could you do that?

1 comment:

  1. For a music class, I could see incorporating a digital portfolio where students upload videos and recordings of themselves for others to see and provide feedback.

    ReplyDelete