Monday, August 31, 2015

Feedback- Necessary To Go Forward

As the year starts, it is very important to look back.  Last year is now a distant memory.  But I am guessing a few topics, discussion or even lessons still stick with you from the previous year.  I know that I can still recall some of those great lessons from my teaching years but it seems I can recall more of those lessons that "didn't go as planned."  It is important, as educators and professionally growing adults, that we reflect on our past practices.  For educators that can be done many ways but one is through feedback.  I spoke about my "super focus" goals at the beginning of this year and you saw that I listed feedback as one of my main goals.  That feedback that I want to focus on is for and from parents, students and employees.

In this article from Vick Davis (@coolcatteacher) she outlines 3 ways that teachers can reflect and grow from those reflections.

Click here to read the article.

Questions to consider:
1.  What ways do you give feedback to students?  Is it immediate/timely?
2.  Did you take in feedback from students after last year? After last unit?  After the last lecture?
3.  How would student feedback help you plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment